Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Shopping Guide

When I read all the blog posts where people tout their primal or paleo prowess and give advice for what to eat/not eat and how to plan and having things on hand to munch on, I get sort of miffed.  I mean, that's all good and well, but if I'm trying to walk the straight-and-narrow, I need tools, not regurgitated information.  I know to stick to the perimeter of the store and that Cheetos are not primal, but I want something more... some direction... some real guidelines... to help ensure that I stay on the primal course. 

I need something that makes shopping and planning easier for me.  Well, necessity is the mother of invention, so I made my own.  You can access it from the link below or on the "Shopping Guide" tab at the top of the site.  If anyone besides me ever reads my blog, hopefully it will be of help to someone else.  :) 

Part of my inspiration came from a post on one of my favorite blogs - The Clothes Make the Girl.  Breaking the produce down into colors helps to remind me to use a variety of items and reminds me that there is a large variety of produce from which to choose.  Rating the produce based on its carb density helps me to see if I'm buying a lot of high-carb fruits and vegetables - which could lead back to the old road - and means I need to re-evaluate what I'm eating. 

I'm incorporating menu planning in my 2011 Primal adventure, so I've included a section on my shopping list for my weekly menu.  It  provides focus when I'm in the grocery store.  

So, here it is:  Primal Confessions' Primal Shopping List.  Hope it's of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment